Friday, April 9, 2010

Don't be Koi with me...

The latest results of my gene-splicing experiments for the Mutation Nation challenge over at ArtOrder.  It's a melding of a Japanese Koi fish and a gorilla, a 'Koirilla' as it were.   The colors are a bit nuclear for my tastes, but I suppose that's natural given the post-apocalyptic setting of Gamma World, for which this challenge is based.  

Had a lot of fun with this one, and I'm really liking the ala prima approach I've been using these past few paintings.  It's much freer, more spontaneous and a bit frightening at times, but it keeps things interesting.

Alas, my gene-splicing experiments must come to an end ...for now.  The deadline's sunday and I'm away for the weekend.   Koirilla...gasping for breath at a toxic waste swamp near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment