Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yellow yes...but terrible?

Seems like artists all over are creating images inspired by Maurice Sendak's classic "Where the Wild Things Are",  in homage to a work that's touched their lives in some form or another.   For me, 'Wild Things' was one of the biggest influences on me as a child, inspiring both my art and my love of monsters.    After seeing some of the artwork that's happening, I felt inspired to do my own.   

As a child I'd always wondered what would have been, had Max opted to stay in the land of the Wild Things.  I imagine over time, eventually he would perhaps even become a full fledged Wild Thing, complete with fangs and terrible, yellow eyes!   And so that's the basis for my own tribute to Maurice Sendak's gift.  Thank you Maurice...for showing us where the wild things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment