Wednesday, December 2, 2009

It's not easy being green...

I realized a few weeks ago that my portfolio to be had not a single dragon image;  I mean, a fantasy portfolio without a dragon?  Blasphemy!    Well I had to correct this situation pronto.  I decided to stick to the Dungeon & Dragons setting, since they have a fairly structured catalog of dragon types, most all of them pretty cool looking as well.  I didn't want to go with the usual suspects in the DnD line-up however.  Y'know...Red, White, Bronze et al. 

With the release of the 4th Edition of DnD, the Green Dragon had undergone a huge cosmetic makeover, and so I figured it would be a good choice.  Toss in some Orcs and we've got a party.  The hardest part was the breath weapon, as it's not your typical cone of fire, but a spray of highly corrosive gas.   After finishing it, I realize I now want to do another dragon...or twenty.




No comments:

Post a Comment