Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, Old tricks...

So lately, with all this digital mayhem going on, I've found myself looking at art by the Old Masters and wondering if I could maybe capture some of that feeling and influence into my digital work.   I dug up an old sketch and decided to paint it up, and try to incorporate a bit of Old Master goodness and see what happens.

While I'm happy with the overall result, as far as any Old Master influence goes...I think maybe it got lost in the process.   Not sure what I'm looking to capture really;  it's not impasto brushwork or style.  I guess the Old Masters just had a certain way of seeing things...and bring it to life.   Ah well, it's not the destination, it's the journey right?  So onwards...to the next image and the next lesson.  Hell, I'm having the time of my life here...so no complaints :)



No comments:

Post a Comment